- FanDuel and DraftKings dominate Maryland July sportsbook numbers
- Maryland report highlights emerging statewide problem gambling behaviour
- Online dominates Maryland sports betting numbers in June as handle drops almost 21%
- Maryland mulls igaming future with legalization study
- Multi-operator sportsbook advocacy group fined $48,000 by Maryland regulators
What type of licenses are available?
Just DFS currently
How many skins are permitted per license?
How do you apply for a license?
What are the integrity fees?
What is the current tax rate?
No additional DFS specific taxes at this time
Is there a self-exclusion register in the state?
Is sports betting legal?
Maryland introduced a bill in February 2018 establishing a task force to explore sports betting in the state, but made no further legislative progress in 2018.
Maryland State Lottery & Gaming Control Agency
Montgomery Park Business Center, Suite 330
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230
Chairman: Gordon Medenica
Is sports betting permitted online?
No, although Maryland will continue to explore legal sports betting in 2019.
Is there any specific legislation for daily fantasy sports?
Maryland exempted DFS from the definition of gambling back in 2012, and introduced fuller regulation in 2017. There are no additional licensing or taxes beyond state tax.
What legislation, if any, is currently pending?