- Texas sports betting advocates target 2025 push as legislative season ends with no joy
- Texas sports betting bill dead in water as migrant crisis moves ahead
- Sports teams weigh in on Texas sports betting legalization drive
- Texas sports betting moves a step closer with committee passage
- Texas legislative docket grows as array of sports betting bills filed
- Dallas Cowboys owner voices support for sports betting in Texas
- Ex-Texas governor: “Time is right” for Texas sports betting legalization
- Texas sportsbook bills stack up ahead of 2023 legislative session
- Texas mulls sports betting and retail gaming bill
- BetMGM nets sportsbook partnership with Houston Astros
- Beto O’Rourke floats gambling legalisation in Texas
- Supreme Court to review Texas tribal gaming case
- How pro sports teams are casting casinos aside in the fight for sports betting
- The month in US sports betting: Texas is toast and fresh platform acquisition rumors swell
- The month in US sports betting: Gains in Iowa and movement in Texas
- Texas considers sports betting with new bill
- FanDuel withdraws from Texas
- Texas Attorney General takes aim at FanDuel and DraftKingsÂ
Is sports betting regulated or unregulated?
Texas is undoubtedly one of the biggest prizes available, but it will take a long and drawn out legislative process before we see legalized sports betting in the state.
No overarching regulator in the state, with the Texas Racing Commission dealing with racing and the Texas Lottery Commission overseeing the state lottery
Is there any specific legislation for daily fantasy sports?
No. The state AG issued an opinion that DFS is illegal gambling in 2016. FanDuel withdrew from the state and DraftKings pursued legal action. Legislative action stalled in 2017.
What legislation, if any, is currently pending?