- Maine to begin licensing sportsbooks from November
- Maine sports betting regulator placed on leave in wake of inflammatory tweets
- Maine mulls tribal exclusivity on sports betting and igaming with new bill
- AGA weighs in on “burdensome” Maine sportsbook advertising restrictions
- Maine releases sports betting licensing rules ahead of potential 2024 launch
Maine has no major league teams.
Online/offline revenue split
Total number of betting premises
Two licensed casinos
Stake tax take
10% on DFS; 32% on land-based table games; variable on slots.
What type of licenses are available?
How many skins are permitted per license?
How do you apply for a license?
What are the integrity fees?
What is the current tax rate?
10% on DFS revenues
Is there a self-exclusion register in the state?
Is sports betting legal?
The Governor vetoed bill LD 553 in January 2020, claiming the state needed to consider its approach to problem and underage gambling before passing betting.
Maine Gambling Control Unit
Department of Public Safety
Gambling Control Unit
45 Commerce Drive
Chair: Timothy Doyle
Is sports betting permitted online?
Is there any specific legislation for daily fantasy sports?
Yes. Maine regulated DFS in 2017. Operators must pay a license fee of $2,500 and 10 percent of revenues.
What legislation, if any, is currently pending?
No legislation currently pending