- North Carolina sportsbook market takes shape in latest regulatory meeting
- Report: North Carolina regulators tinker with sports betting rules
- PENN Entertainment gains North Carolina market access through Quail Hollow deal
- Bet365 eyes North Carolina market access with Charlotte Hornets deal
- NCLC sports betting committee recommends underage gambling ad ban
- North Carolina eyes pick’em prohibition with proposed sports betting rules
- North Carolina assembles infrastructure for sports betting launch
- North Carolina legislators tinker with sports betting law under new budget proposals
- North Carolina legislator voices support for igaming legalization
- North Carolina Lottery hires former Massachusetts regulatory staffer to newly created compliance role
- North Carolina sets out stall for forthcoming sports betting regulated market
- North Carolina to launch regulated sports betting market by 2024
- North Carolina legislature greenlights sports betting bill in House vote
- North Carolina set for sports betting after bill receives final Senate approval
- North Carolina sports betting bill progresses after sitting idle for almost two months
- North Carolina sportsbook bill clears important House hurdle
- North Carolina begins sports betting legalization push with new bill
- The BonusFinder Bonus Index: Who will offer the best experience?
- North Carolina mobile betting bills torpedoed by legislature
- North Carolina lawmakers optimistic about online sports betting
- North Carolina sports betting moves a step closer
- How pro sports teams are casting casinos aside in the fight for sports betting
- The month in US sports betting: Who is DraftKings eyeing up now?
- North Carolina signs tribal betting bill into law
- North Carolina approves tribal betting bill
North Carolina State Lottery Commission
2728 Capital Blvd.,
Suite 144, Raleigh, N.C. 27604
Telephone: (919) 301-3300
N.C. Problem Gambling Helpline:
Tribal Legalization: July 26, 2019
New Compact Execution: December 3, 2020
Federal Register Publication: March 2, 2021
Online: June 14, 2023
MARKET LAUNCH DATE
Tribal retail: March 18, 2021
Tribal casino operators.
Online operators and sports stadiums that partner with an online operator
RESTRICTED BET TYPES
Must be 21+
BETTING ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
Customers of online sportsbooks are not required to register or fund their accounts in person
TAX REVENUE ALLOCATION
First applied to: NCELC expenses in administering sports wagering and a maximum of $500,000 annually to Department of Revenue for administering taxation.
$2 million to the Department of Health and Human Services for gambling addiction education and treatment.
$1 million to North Carolina Amateur Sports to award youth sports grants.
$300,000, or equal amounts if sufficient funds do not exist, to be allocated to 13 state university athletic departments.
$1 million to North Carolina Youth Outdoor Engagement Commission for the issuance of grants.
Of remaining: 20% to be allocated to the same 13 state university athletic departments mentioned above; 30% to be allocated to the North Carolina Major Events, Games, and Attractions Fund for grants to promote travel and tourism; and 50% to the General Fund.
$1 million initial license fee
$1 million renewal fee every 5 years
OFFICIAL DATA MANDATE
Data mandate for in-play U.S. events betting.