- Trio of states launch sports betting on same day
- BetMGM links up with Liv Hospitality in South Dakota
- Betting on the ballot: What’s next for Louisiana, Maryland, and South Dakota?
- The month in US sports betting: Which sports media assets will be snapped up next?
- Louisiana, Maryland and South Dakota pass betting in Election referendum
There are no major league teams in South Dakota.
Total gaming handle in land-based casinos in the state for fiscal year 2016-17 was $1,082,364,851.61.
Online/offline revenue split
Total number of betting premises
Four locations for simulcast racing wagering
Stake tax take
What type of licenses are available?
How many skins are permitted per license?
How do you apply for a license?
What are the integrity fees?
What is the current tax rate?
Is there a self-exclusion register in the state?
Is sports betting regulated or unregulated?
South Dakota has made no moves towards legal sports betting beyond existing and limited wagering on horse racing.
South Dakota Commission on Gaming
87 Sherman St.
Deadwood, SD 57732
Director of Operation: Craig Sparrow
Is sports betting permitted online?
No, and the state is unlikely to make any moves to change that.
Is there any specific legislation for daily fantasy sports?
No, although the AG has stated he will not seek felony indictments.
What legislation, if any, is currently pending?